BOSTON – With just two weeks away from the fall 2017 preseason, Suffolk Athletics has announced preseason meetings for all 18 varsity intercollegiate sport teams for the 2017-18 year.
The meters are for all returning, incoming and prospective student-athletes. All team members are asked to attend the group meeting on the date their team is assigned with team meetings to take place immediately after the department meeting to discuss program expectations, schedules, try-out information, etc.
Prior to the meeting all student-athletes are asked to fill out the health forms required for participation for the upcoming season. Please direct any health form questions to Athletic Trainer Jeff Stone.
All Suffolk student-athletes are also asked to review the 2017-18 Student-Athlete Handbook, which includes policies, guidelines, and expectations for members of the Athletic Department community. Student-athletes can find the handbook, here.
Prospective student-athletes are required to contact the head coach of their desired sport and inquire about the program expectations as well as submitting their interest in trying out. For a full list of Ram Nation's head coach contact information, click here.
Team meeting dates and locations are as follows:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 18 – 3:30 PM
Sports: Cross Country, Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Volleyball
- Department Meeting – Somerset Café
- Individual Team Meetings – 5 PM
- Cross Country – Somerset 215
- Men's Soccer – Somerset 114
- Women's Soccer – Somerset 116
- Volleyball – Somerset 115
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5 – 5:15 PM
Sports: Baseball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Men's Hockey, Softball, Track & Field, Women's Tennis
- Department Meeting – Sargent Hall Function Room, 1st Floor
- Individual Team Meetings – 7:30 PM
- Baseball – Sargent Hall 285
- Men's Basketball – Sargent Hall – 255
- Women's Basketball – Sargent Hall – 345
- Men's Hockey – Sargent Hall - 385
- Softball – Sargent Hall 245
- Women's Tennis – Sargent Hall 560
- Track & Field – Sargent Hall – 355