The Fitness Center for Suffolk University
Suffolk revamped its second-floor varsity strength and conditioning facility and made it a state-of-the-art weight room exclusively for varsity athletes in the summer of 2016.
Located on the second-floor of the Ridgeway Building, the facility allows Suffolk to offer sport-specific programming for all 19 varsity teams.
The facility features two custom made Power Lift racks for a total of six complete racks as well as a variety of cable machines. The weight room also features two complete racks of dumbbells and other various machines for secondary leg and core exercises.
- CLOSED -- Will close at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3 through mid-August due to construction of the Ridgeway Building
The Varsity Weight Room will be closed on all University acknowledge holidays.
· PPolicies & Procedures:
- The Varsity Weight Room is for use by Suffolk Univesrity Varsity Student-Atheltes and Athletics Department Staff only. No guest or alumni privileges.
- No lifting without a Suffolk University coach or on-duty staff member present.
- Athlete attire and sneakers are required. Shirts must be worn. No hats. Street clothes and shoes are not permitted.
- No profanity or foul language.
- Cell phones are to be used for music only. Please avoid phone calls and conversations.
- Re-rack weights and equipment to their proper place after use. Do not leave weights on the floor. Weights are not to be placed on the air/heat units.
- Do not drop weights or dumbbells on the floor.
- Only water bottles and containers with lids (shakers, Naglene, etc.) are permitted in the facility. Food, cans, glass bottels and open containers of any kind are never permitted.
- Show respect for facility and equipment at all times. Defacing facility or equipment will not be tolerated.
- Personal items are to be in lockers while using the facility.
- On-duty staff and Athletic Department Staff have the right to be suspended or ban use of facilities for failure to abide by varsity weight room policies.
Athletics Staff reserves the right to revoke your fitness center privileges at any time.
148 Cambridge St.
Boston, MA 02114
- The Varsity Weight Room is located on the second floor of the Ridgeway Building