BOSTON – In its first of two matches Saturday afternoon, the Suffolk volleyball team fell in straight sets to Daniel Webster inside Regan Gymnasium., 25-16 and 25-19.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Daniel Webster 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (3-4) | Daniel Webster (5-4)
- Talia Lombardo led Suffolk's 20-kill offense with eight off a .375 hitting clip. She also helped set up things up with six assists. Defensively the sophomore added 10 digs.
- Chidera Nwankwo added four kills with Bridget Allison and Jane Buckley each pitching in three.
- Emma Feeney totaled 12 digs.
SET ONE RECAP (25-14 DANIEL WEBSTER)
- The Eagles earned the first point of the match on a service error and picked up momentum from there, jumping ahead 10-2.
- The Rams pulled within three, 15-12.
- Daniel Webster strung together seven unanswered points to close out the frame, 25-14.
SET TWO RECAP (25-16 DANIEL WEBSTER)
- Roles reversed in the second with the Rams leaping ahead 8-1.
- The Eagles used two 4-0 spurts to make it a one-point contest, 10-9.
- A kill from Daniel Websters Amanda Gendron leveled the playing field at 13-all.
- An attack error by Feeney put the visitors in front, 14-13, for the first time in the second set.
- Daniel Webster did not look back from there, using an 6-1 run for a 21-13 lead, which could not be relinquished.
SET THREE RECAP (25-19 DANIEL WEBSTER)
- Things remained close in the third, but similar to the second Suffolk stood out in front 15-12.
- Daniel Webster outscored the Rams, 13-4 the rest of the way to lock up the set, 25-19, and the match.
Suffolk concludes its first tri-match this afternoon against Pine Manor. First serve is scheduled for 3 p.m.