PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Suffolk women's volleyball team fell in straight sets at Plymouth State at Foley Gymnasium. The non-conference setback came in set scores of 25-15, 25-8 and 25-20.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Plymouth State 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (9-10) | Plymouth State (13-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk put up a fight in the first, but Plymouth State handled the Rams, 25-15, to take an early 1-0 lead. The second set was no competition for the Panthers as they easily took down Suffolk, 25-8, and the third frame was the closest, but Plymouth State came out on top, 25-20, to take the set.
Bridget Allison led Suffolk's offense for the 12th time with a four-kill effort. The sophomore contributed defensively as well with six digs and four blocks. Jane Buckley put together a three-kill effort to help out offensively.
SET ONE RECAP (25-15, PLYMOUTH STATE)
- The Panthers were up 14-8, before a Suffolk timeout.
- Plymouth came out of the break with six straight points to push the margin to 20-8.
- Suffolk managed to score seven points down the stretch, but the Panthers sealed with win, 25-15.
SET TWO RECAP (25-8, PLYMOUTH STATE)
- The Panthers jumped out to a 5-0 lead that blossomed to a 15-4 lead.
- Plymouth went up 18-8 when it closed the set with seven straight points behind the service of junior libero Brenna Peruch.
SET THREE RECAP (25-20, PLYMOUTH STATE)
- Suffolk kept the score close, coming back from an early deficit to tie the set at 12-all.
- The Panthers pulled ahead, but Suffolk hung tough, trailing just 19-18 late in the set.
- PSU proved to be too strong, closing out the set and the match on a kill, 25-20.
Suffolk heads to Anna Maria for a mid-week match Wednesday, Oct. 19.