OCTOBER 21 | 1 PM
OCTOBER 21 | 3 PM
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
Suffolk volleyball fell to Regis, 3-1, Wednesday night inside Regan Gymnasium as the Rams renewed their rivalry with the Pride. The conference setback came by set scores 19-25, 25-18, 25-12 and 25-19.
MORE READING: Regis Holds Off Suffolk in Four
Suffolk's slip to Regis put the Rams at 12-10 on the season and 5-4 in conference contests to put the blue-and-gold in a tie for fifth place in the standings with Saint Joseph's (Maine).
The Rams leaders contribute on both sides of the net with freshman Hannah Fabiano anchoring the attack with 2.72 kps to go along with 2.51 dps and 0.42 bps defensively. Talia Lombardo's all-around performances feature 1.88 kps, 1.73 assist per set, 0.82 aces per set and 2.30 dps.
St. Joseph's is in a two-way tie with Suffolk in the league standings at 5-4 versus conference foes, while the Monks sit 13-12 overall. SJC takes a three-match win streak into Saturday's showdown, which it opens versus Framingham State at 11 a.m.
Kelsey Bickford's 3.06 kps lead the way with Jordynn Copp (2.30 kps) also producing over 2.00 kps for the Monks. Sarah Dyer serves as SJC's primary setter, dishing out 7.78 aps with Sophia Randall serving up 0.53 aces per set.
Defensively, Jennelle Thompson paces the pack with 6.33 dps. Dyer and Copp add to the effort with 2.42 dps and 0.59 bps, respectively.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- The Suffolk, St. Joseph's series dates back to 2007.
- The Rams trail the all-time series, 3-7.
- The Monks have picked up the last two wins, including a 3-1 decision last season, Oct. 5, 2016.
- Suffolk looks for its first win over the Mnoks since 2014 and first under Bonny Ducharme.
- St. Joe's owns all four sweeps in the series, while Suffolk is the victor of the lone five-set match, which came in 2014.
- In four-set matches versus SJC, Suffolk is 2-3.
FRAMINGHAM STATE RAMS
Since meeting Suffolk Oct. 7, Framingham State has gong 3-2 through the last five matches, with four decisions coming in straight sets, to carry a 9-16 record up to Maine.
Kelly Brinkman's 2.59 kps leads the way with Brandey Rodriguez and Caise Thurber pitching in 1.61 kps and 1.30 kps, respectively. Mackenzie Whalen holds the setting duties with 6.81 aps.
Victoria Anderson's 4.38 dps anchors the FSU Rams' defensive unit with Whalen (2.60 dps) Abbie Badgett also pitching in.
WE MEET AGAIN
For the first time since 2003, Suffolk volleyball took down Framingham State as the blue-and-gold Rams defeated the visitors 3-1 inside Regan Gymnasium Oct. 7. Suffolk secured the win by set scores, 25-20, 18-25, 25-19 and 25-19.
MORE READING: Women's Volleyball Bests Framingham State, 3-1
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk's four-set win over Framingham Oct. 7 marked the second-ever victory for the blue-and-gold over the FSU Rams in the series history, which dates back to 2003.
- The matched marked the fourth time overall that the outing went to four sets with Suffolk winning its first four-set match versus Framingham.
- Suffolk and Framingham never went to five sets.
- Suffolk is 1-1 versus Framingham under the guidance of Bonny Ducharme.
- The Suffolk Rams trail the all-time series 2-11.
Talia Lombardo turned in a stellar performance for Suffolk volleyball in a five-set thriller versus Curry Oct. 14 en route to the first known triple double in Rams' history.
SETTING IT UP
After recording her 1,000th assist Oct. 7 versus Lasell, senior Liz Kerek has slid into second place all-time in Suffolk history with 1,200 career handouts, displacing Katie Hemlin's 1,134 mark set in 2005. Kerek is currently 621 assists shy of the all-time record (1,821), which Julia Sullivan holds.
- 10 OF Suffolk's 22 matches have been determined in straight sets.
- The Rams are 4-6 this season when playing in three-set matches.
WHEN IT COMES TO FIVE
- Suffolk has played five five-set thrillers this year with the Rams owning a 3-2 record in such outings.
- Overall under Bonny Ducharme, the blue-and-gold is 5-2 when going the distance.
Suffolk heads into the final week of regular action Tuesday, Oct. 24 when it visits Colby Saywer for a 7 p.m. tilt.