SCORE: Suffolk 3, Regis 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (9-13, 6-3 GNAC) | Regis (11-13, 4-6 GNAC)
SET ONE RECAP (25-14, SUFFOLK)
- Out of a 7-all tie, Suffolk rallied behind Ashley Fahey at the service line to grab a 9-7 edge that the blue-and-gold turned into a 16-9 advantage.
- The Pride made a late run with three quick points to cut Suffolk's lead to five, 19-14.
- The Rams kept Regis there and cruised the remainder of the way, rattling off six consecutive points, including two aces from Sarah Mullahy and a pair of kills from Bridget Allison, to seal the set 25-14.
SET TWO RECAP (27-25, REGIS)
- In a frame of runs the stanza was locked at 9-all after Chidera Nwankwo put away her second kill of the outing.
- Suffolk and Regis exchanged twice more and the score equalized five more times with the last coming at 21-21.
- An ace by Fahey gave the Rams the go-ahead, 22-21.
- Barbera put away back-to-back kills to set-up set point, 24.21
- The Pride had other things in mind though and outscored Suffolk 6-1 to turn the tide in its favor and take the frame, 27-25.
SET THREE RECAP (25-22, SUFFOLK)
- Suffolk broke open a 5-5 tie with a 4-0 run to grab a 9-5 edge.
- The Rams remained in front 15-12 at the midway point and built a 19-15 cushion on an ace from Barbera.
- The Cadets kept things interesting and pulled within two, 22-20.
- Suffolk held off Norwich down the stretch to grab a 2-1 lead in the match.
SET FOUR RECAP (26-24, SUFFOLK)
- Suffolk trailed 13-9.
- A 4-1 stretch by the blue-and-gold flipped the switch in Suffolk's favor, 16-14.
- Back-and-forth action ensued with the stanza equalizing at 20-all.
- The score would level again at 22 and 24 before Suffolk coupled back-to-back points to put away the set and match.
- Hannah Fabiano's 12 kills led Suffolk's 48-kill attack.
- Barbera chipped in on both sides of the net with 10 kills and 15 digs for a double-double effort.
- Lombardo played an all-around outing with 38 assists, 11 digs, five aces and five kills.
- Dakhensey Marcellus paved the way defensively with 18 digs with Fahey and Emma Feeney pitching in 13 digs each.
- Suffolk snapped a four-match skid versus Regis to move to 7-8 since 1997 against the Pride.
- The Rams won their sixth conference contest of the season, matching their league victories from a year ago.
- Barbera produced her fourth double-double of the season.
- Lombardo registered her second straight double-double and fifth of the year.
- Fahey notched a personal-best 13 digs.
- Suffolk's 48 kills and 83 digs are each season highs for the Rams.
Suffolk concludes its Saturday action versus Norwich.