BOSTON – Members of Ram Nation are asked to pull their weight in an effort to take the load off of those affected by breast cancer in Suffolk Athletics’ Bench Press for Breast Cancer event Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Athletes can choose to bench press in one of five categories for as many reps as possible over 60 seconds in the varsity weight during activity period. Each individual who achieves the most reps in their respective gender and weight class category will be crowned the inaugural Bench Press for Breast Cancer champion.
- Men – 135 LBS
- Men – 185 LBS
- Women – 45 LBS
- Women – 95 LBS
- Open – Any of the above weights
To participate, Rams must contribute an entry fee of $10 that can be donated through sponsors. Students are encouraged to raise more than the entry fee, however, as the student-athlete with the most money raised, as well as the most donors, will receive a prize on the day of event.
After the competition, the money raised will be used to promote breast cancer awareness and go towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), the highest-rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. The BCRF is a nonprofit organization committed to achieving prevention and a cure for breast cancer. It provides critical funding for cancer research worldwide to fuel advances in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, metastasis and survivorship.
The first annual Suffolk Athletics Bench Press for Breast Cancer event is a part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease.
To sign-up fill out the form below or pick up a form in the Suffolk Athletic Training Room on the second floor of the Ridgeway Building. All entry fees and donations are required prior to lifting.
Can’t make the event, but want to contribute, here’s how:
- If you would like to donate online please click here. *
- If you’d like to donate in person and enjoy the sights and sounds of the event, come to the Varsity Weight Room on Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- If you’d like to sponsor a player or have any questions, email Amy Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event t-shirts can be pre-purchased for $10 with proceeds contributed to the cause. Please submitt the form below for a t-shirt order or email Amy Barry directly at email@example.com.
T-Shirts must be picked up in person and be paid for in full. Arrangements can be made for t-shirts to be delivered by student-athletes to the purchaser, however, it must be paid for at the time of pick-up or prior to.
- Checks should be made payable to "Suffolk Athletics" with the item line "Bench Press for Breast Cancer"
*Donations online go directly towards the cause, they cannot be redeemed for a t-shirt.